Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to install the S-trim now, and cannot figure out how the hell this setup goes on.. Understand I got the kit used, it has everything from what I was told ( Bolts and all ) But its in a big box. I took everything out and trying to get things lined up! I need some pics guys if you can help, some close up's would be awesome!

I have to long bolts ( 6 1/2 " i think ) and they do not fit, not long enough, for the main bracket...

Let me know guys PLEEEASE!! THanks

*EDIT* THIS IS ON A FOX BTW!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the manual, And its not helping, It does not tell me what bolts go where! It seems there needs to be spacers too?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm gonna be working on the stang tonight, what do you need closeups of? Im also working on a picture page which is here

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take some pics of the bracket assebly for the alt. and blower itself..
Thats all I really need...

Should I hook the alt up to the braket before installing onto the engine?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I think I figured it out, I am trying to assemble the alt. on the bracket, I DO NOT HAVE A SMOG PUMP and looking at the instructions you need it to hook the upper part of the alt. up.. Should I get a smog pump and just put it in there just to get me hooked up? Or is there a way around it?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dugan, You my friend ARE AWESOME!!

Do you have the smog pump in there? Let me know!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Its in this pic

I'll see if I could get a better shot.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I see the pump :( I dont have one! I guess I need one to do it!

·
Registered
682 Posts
more pics up

BTW if I didnt take pics for you I would never see this :eek: :

EDIT umm the link is mess because it has a badword in it :lol:
just go to the pics page and look for the folder w/ the bad word hehe

So I thank YOU! :D
This most likely is the root of all my problems!
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=433926

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a novi2k, and I believe you need the smog or a smog delete pulley, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
rbridges said:
I have a novi2k, and I believe you need the smog or a smog delete pulley, but I'm not 100% sure.
Yes, you either need the smog pump, or the delete pulley. Also, its easiest in my opinion to assembly the entire bracketry with Alt and smog pump outside of the car. Then set it in place with a jack holding it up. Tighted the bolts hold it to the engine, and TADA! :evil:

·
Registered
297 Posts
UPR sells a nice smog pump delete for around $50. You are going to need something in there.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Dugan, what brand fan is that? I like it! How did you wire it up? Have the part # for it?

Thanks!

I'm awaiting my V2 SQ S-Trim!!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I cant remember the model number but its made by Spal and can can be ordered from summitracing under the BeCool brand. I cant find the black one but this is the same one in chrome http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=BCI-75037

Ah found it model# 134-75007 at www.jegs.com

EDIT: the wiring comes with it, just instead of the switch it came with I had another relay flip it on ign.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts