Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what your experience w/ them has been with our goofy ass 94-95 computers ? Will the car idle w/o much BS ?

I'm getting a new shortblock, my girl has no idea how much this is going to cost and I'm trying to keep it from her by making the change quietly and w/ as few problems as possible.
I cannot afford to get a cam that is going to require a lot of tuning and tinkering or a custom chip just to get a decent idle. If thats the case I'll keep the stock P.O.S. cam and just get some GT-40 heads that I know of on the cheap. So you guys that have done cams..please chime in here. I'm ordering the block next week.
BTW, its gonna be just a stock shortblock w/ forged pistons and stock compression.
Thanks in advance.... while you guys look over this I'm gonna do a search :)

Crower Cams....
Check it out right here... I'm thinking # 15510 or 15511
Catalog Page

Comp Cams....
The first two on this page look interesting to me....
Catalog Page

·
Registered
848 Posts
the 15511 will work real nice and make some real good power

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the_shadow said:
the 15511 will work real nice and make some real good power
But will it idle ?:(

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I have the CC XE270HR that is one you had questions about. At first I had a few problems but after finding I had a dead O2 sensor and doing an idle reset it is doing fine. I am very happy with this cam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the XE264HR in my 92 T-Bird. The previous cam was the E-cam. I can tell you that the E-cam idle was lumpy and sounded cool but the 264HR is much smoother. Im using the stock chip and a 75mm MAF. I idnt see if yours was a AODE or a 5 speed. The 264HR is good with a auto but, you might like the 270HR with the stick.

·
Registered
759 Posts
you may want to check into the Steeda #19 cam. It seems that alot of people have good results in the 94/95 cars.

Ill know in aabout 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lee8995 said:
I have the CC XE270HR that is one you had questions about. At first I had a few problems but after finding I had a dead O2 sensor and doing an idle reset it is doing fine. I am very happy with this cam.
Hey Lee,
Whats your setup ? I eventually plan to run a Cobra Intake and GT-40 irons...

How do you reset the idle ? Are you running a custom chip ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
The Crane 2031 is another choice but should be used with 1.7 RR'S. I don't know form experience but have heard good results from this cam.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'll throw one more out there. Thats the Crane 2030. Its a little different from the 2031, but its pretty close and a good choice if you all ready have the 1.6 rockers. Idle was fine on my car.

Tranny will play a huge part in your choice. I have a 342 and I went from the 2030 to the TFS stage 2. I lost a ton down low. I actualy ran faster ETs with the 2030 and 3.27 gears than the TFS with 3.73s, and I have a 2800 PI converter. I think the next time I have it apart I will stick a #19 Steeda cam back in it and go back to 3.27s myself. The car was much more fun that way. I would put the 2030 back in, but its now in my Bronco.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
MRBiggs said:
Hey Lee,
Whats your setup ? I eventually plan to run a Cobra Intake and GT-40 irons...

How do you reset the idle ? Are you running a custom chip ?
I have a 95GT AODE, 4.10s, TFS TW, Edelbrock Performer RPM, C&L 73, BBK 65mm Tbody, Crane 1.6s, CC XE270HR, FMS shorties, FMS 24#ers and EECTuner. Thats not all of it but most of the major stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts