Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've still got stock headers with mac offroad H-pipe and 2-chamber Flowmasters dumped, how much would I pick up with some Mac unequal length shorties? I don't want longtubes!
later,
Mark

·
Registered
374 Posts
Another option is the equal lenght shorites by MAC, they went on easy and fit well. If you check their website they have actual dyno tests for stock 302's on there, even though yours if far from stock, it should give you a good idea of what your getting.

www.macperformance.com

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stangbanger said:
Another option is the equal lenght shorites by MAC, they went on easy and fit well. If you check their website they have actual dyno tests for stock 302's on there, even though yours if far from stock, it should give you a good idea of what your getting.

www.macperformance.com
Mine's really close to stock, just a cam, pullies, MSD, and exhaust.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not to mention spark plug changes. My friends unequal BBKs, ugh. He sucker'd me into helping him once, never again.

And I didn't think the LTs were really a pain to install frankly. If it hadn't been for the steering shaft (;) Ben) we could've had it done in a day. And thats in the middle of January, outside in the snow.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had "equal lengths" on a 94 and it was near impossible to change the plugs, but I don't see how unequal length would make plug changed difficult?

·
Registered
389 Posts
i have Mac Equal's...and changing the spark plugs takes me 25 minutes. You will need a spark plug boot insulator for the #3 wire or it will burn on the header. Im very happy with the Equals

·
Registered
205 Posts
I meant to say Equal length. Damn jetlag :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
i had BBK equal length shorties on my car after a I changed the plugs I was sick of them when I put a new motor in the car I put the stock headers back on they are not worth it to me.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'll bump ya ttt, I have the same question. From waht i understand Equal Length give ya like 1 more rwhp then unequals and all they do is cause trouble. I am pretty sure that unequals would be a nice additions for you.

·
Banned
718 Posts
I had Mac equals and got tired of burned plug wires and broken plugs.:mad: I now have unequal Macs and am very happy with them.:cool: The equals also generated more under hood heat.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I like my MAC unequals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts