Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Trickflow Twisted Wedge heads still having Vavle Problems?

I know they had vavle problems along time ago, and they were fixed,

But I have been hearing lately that they still have vavle wear problems is this true?

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
it WAS actually a guide problem, and with the correct geometry you will encounter NO problems with the TFS heads as long as they are setup right. they had the most problems back when they first came out and it was mostly with the pedestal mount heads wich they no longer produce.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
As said before, If they are set up right with the correct geometry you should have zero problems. When you start seeing alot of problems, usually there is something really messed up in the geometry of your valvetrain.

Kyle

·
Registered
611 Posts
What was the problem with the pedestal heads? I just brought some used and setting up the valvetrain I noticed the underside of the rocker arms(FMS Blue 1.6) were very close to the spring retainer. Had to use shims to lift it up to clear and get proper preload.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Had mine for 4 years now without a problem

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
J.Bo said:
What was the problem with the pedestal heads? I just brought some used and setting up the valvetrain I noticed the underside of the rocker arms(FMS Blue 1.6) were very close to the spring retainer. Had to use shims to lift it up to clear and get proper preload.
The pedestal mount TWs never worked. That's why the stopped making them. Send them to TFS to get converted to stud mount.

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
03GTvert said:
Whats a good intake+cam combo for these heads???

just wondering
TFS stage1 cam
(nice cam im running one)with a TFS street heat intake, use a track heat if its a hot blown setup

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK thanks for info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts