Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve been looking for strut and shocks for my mustang since I am going to be install steeda sport springs. I was wondering if the Tokico Mach 1 strut/shocks are any good. I can get them pretty cheap. Or should I pay the extra 200 bucks and get the Tokico 5 way adjust.?

·
Registered
351 Posts
for the price i think the mach 1's are unbeatable (set of 4 ~$180 online, local ford dealer ~$220). adjustables are nice also as your preferences change so can they.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hotmusta said:
for the price i think the mach 1's are unbeatable (set of 4 ~$180 online, local ford dealer ~$220). adjustables are nice also as your preferences change so can they.
Are they almost the same as the bullit shocks/struts offered by Tokico? Are they pretty good quality?

·
Registered
351 Posts
bullitt and mach shock/struts will feel about the same riding around town (firmer) but are valved slightly differently for the nature of the bullitt and the mach. basically the bullitt's are valved more for handling and the mach learns towards straight line. if you go with steeda sport springs and want better 1/4 mile times go with the mach 1 strut and shocks.

tokico's are very good quality wise. when ford figures out we're buying mach stuff for our gt's you can be sure the price will go up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hotmusta said:
bullitt and mach shock/struts will feel about the same riding around town (firmer) but are valved slightly differently for the nature of the bullitt and the mach. basically the bullitt's are valved more for handling and the mach learns towards straight line. if you go with steeda sport springs and want better 1/4 mile times go with the mach 1 strut and shocks.

tokico's are very good quality wise. when ford figures out we're buying mach stuff for our gt's you can be sure the price will go up.
I was debating on the adjustables, but I primarly use my car for daily driving and only go to the track once in a while and really did not see the use of buying the adjustables for my usage. I think I will get the Tokico's because they are good quality and are fine for my application. Thanx

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
I would say if your car is lowwer than stock get the Bullitt Tokico's, If its stock hight then look around Mach 1's are not known to handel well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is it worth going w/the Bilstiens instead? From Ford the Mach 1s can be had for $210 to your door however the Bilstiens can be had for about $480 to your door from Bimmer.com. Is it worth the difference, I would say probably, right :confused:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toppchef said:
Is it worth going w/the Bilstiens instead? From Ford the Mach 1s can be had for $210 to your door however the Bilstiens can be had for about $480 to your door from Bimmer.com. Is it worth the difference, I would say probably, right :confused:
Do the bilstiens give you good performance in the 1/4 mile or just handling? At the bimmer.com website they only sell the heavy duty bilstien for mustangs, is that the only type that bilstien offers or is there a high performance/sport shocks/struts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts