Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the gains (if any) justify the price tags on these so called "power pipes" for a supercharger application?
More specifically, I'm looking at the Anderson power pipe.
Did any of you notice a difference?
Thanks in advance.
-Randy

·
Registered
524 Posts
2 lbs of boost for me. I'd say it is worth it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I picked up 2# boost. The only better hp/$ mod I can think of is a smaller blower pulley.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlackStripes2000GT said:
Its worth it... 2 free PSI... no more work for the blower and more air.. no warranty problems neither changing pulley.. can't go wrong with a PP .. :)

I went from 345rwHP to 372rwHP... tuned after PP.
Which power pipe are you using?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
It is well worth it, I gained at least 1 # of boost and went from 346rwhp to 368rwhp peak with just the powerpipe and catted x-pipe.

I also gained 25rwhp and 25rwtq under the peak curve at certain rpms.

Well worth it!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I would say they are most definitely worth it. I picked up 2-3 psi of boost and about 15-20 HP.
The Powerpipe is a free flowing 4 inch diameter pipe which will let your Supercharger take in more air. Make sure your MAF is mounted properly and you relocate the IAT into the Discharge side of the blower. (Not necessarily required but it will give the computer a better idea on the actual air temperature flowing into the intake) IAT=Intake air temperature sensor....

If you have a Supercharger (besides the Procharger) then go with the Powerpipe I guarantee you will feel the difference!!

(The present Powerpipes will not work on the ATI Procharger Blow through set up)

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
00whiteGTvert said:
It is well worth it, I gained at least 1 # of boost and went from 346rwhp to 368rwhp peak with just the powerpipe and catted x-pipe.

I also gained 25rwhp and 25rwtq under the peak curve at certain rpms.

Well worth it!
Hey Howard,

How is it going? Sorry, I haven't been posting in the last 3 1/2 weeks. Been to Germany on business. But I am back now ;)

I bet you gained more than one psi of boost. 2 psi or a little more is about the norm with most applications. The rule of thumb is about 7 HP for each additional psi of boost. So lets say you gained 8-10 HP from your Catted X-Pipe then the remaining 15-17HP would have to come from the Powerpipe which means a tad more than a 2psi gain. Not bad at all ;)

Tom

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I'm convinced. Thanks so much for the input, guys!
Much appreciated..

-Randy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BlackStripes2000GT said:
To be honest.. i don't see too much difference between brands.. mine is AFM
I was thinking the same... I mean, I really doubt there is some "secret sauce" in one or the other.. I guess I'll do the Morpheus pipe considering it's cheaper then the AFM pipe.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I don't think there is a big difference between Powerpipes. Just go with the least expensive one. The Anderson Powerpipe is 4 inch in diameter and ceramic coated to disapate heat a bit better.
Not sure about the Morpheus Powerpipe? I am sure it's pretty much the same....

·
Registered
771 Posts
I picked up 2 psi with the AFM powerpipe on a stock vortech pulley, not sure i what i am getting from it now. I have a 2.87 pulley, paxton intercooler and i am getting 15/16psi (vortech sq).

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
robs2000gt said:
I picked up 2 psi with the AFM powerpipe on a stock vortech pulley, not sure i what i am getting from it now. I have a 2.87 pulley, paxton intercooler and i am getting 15/16psi (vortech sq).
Nice numbers ;) !!!

What did the SHM longblock run? I may have to rebuilt sometime down the line once my powerpistons and rods will go up in smoke.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Sting said:
I don't think there is a big difference between Powerpipes. Just go with the least expensive one. The Anderson Powerpipe is 4 inch in diameter and ceramic coated to disapate heat a bit better.
Not sure about the Morpheus Powerpipe? I am sure it's pretty much the same....
I think the morpheus is better.Because it unlike the anderson has a tab so it can be bolted in the stock air box location and not flop around like the anderson.
Mine is also ceramic coated.Plus for 150 shipped you cant beat it.
I picked up 2 psi with no other changes in mine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not sure if its worth it yet, but I ordered mine a little bit ago and should get it tommorow if all works out, hopefully Ill have all my upcoming mods installed by mon next week. You should deffinitely get one, you cant go wrong with all this positive feedback!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts