Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anybody here running the mac headers that are just HTS coated? and not ceramic? has it burned anything up yet? im afraid of putting mines on due to the extra heat it will produce. Anybody have any experiance with this?

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
Don't get MAC headers period! I made the mistake of ordering some a while back and they came form MAC with missed welds! I was upset but sent them back for new ones... they semt me the same ones back with what looked like tac welds. Never using them again. My .02.

John

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have the HTS on my MACs... mine were in exellent condition when i got them and the HTS hasnt even thought about coming off, and it hasnt burned anything, just make sure the o2 harness is clear of he headers.....
Dave

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
I have them. They're perfectly fine. Pull the a/c line on the passenger side up out of the way so it doesn't burn that.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
See I've had nothing but problems with MAC. Others have too, have they truned it around with their products or is it still hit or miss?

John

·
Registered
168 Posts
What do you guys recommend then? What are you all using? I'm looking for something very price concious.

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
If price is the factor go with the MACs. Just check all the welds and clean them out real good before you install them. I've never had a problem with any MAC exhaust products I've bought since I got my first Mustang in 2000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts