Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if frpp shorty headers are worth the money?:confused:

I have a 1995 Cobra with 3.73's, flowmasters, c-springs, and x-pipe. I was looking for the next mod to do and thought about doing this. Just don't really want to waste my money in case it is not really worth it. Not looking to go with nitrous or any other power adder right now. If you guys have any other suggestions other then headers, please feel free to give me some input

·
Registered
814 Posts
You'll free up some top end HP but lose low end torque so it will feel as if you lost power. Although you might not even notice the torque loss with 3.73's.

If you plan on doing more to your car and engine then get them!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I think they complete the exhaust and do add a few ponies. If you want the most, then get long tubes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought about long tubes, but then i would have to replace the x-pipe. kind of on a budget right now. if they are only going to add a little bit of power (4-5 horsepower) should I just start on the suspension then? have like $300 burning a hole in my pocket right now (no I will not donate it to anyones fund):D

I gues i am having a hard time deciding on what to do next. after droping 400 for the gear install, i am looking for something else that I can do to the car. so many things to do...so little money:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm not sure what you have done to your car.

Dump that AC if you have not

get rid of that Pollution controll @ the block those plugs cost like $4 a shot @ nearest ford racing dealer. Check Mustangs and fast fords for you local dealer cause all ford dealers dont carry them. you'll feel the extra pull from that for the $8 and the cost of a new belt.

then upgrade intake..... My next buy will be the Prowler hood and cold air set up if this is a sunny day car I suggest the same

You might have already done this but if not your talking an extra 17.5+ ponies to rear wheel buy my calculations if all goes well and at less train to the engin

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The headers will be a nice addititon to your setup 1 5/8's LT headers will be nice with that X-pipe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
unless your car is starving for somthing be it fuel or air a good clac to use would be the 50% rule.....

~imajinary example~

cold air was suppose to give 10 as was headers but each is saying that from stock engin

it should be around 15 extra RWHP but little less

::::this is just an example so not results please lol:::

This rule of HP Physiscs is why it easy & to take a 215 hp car to 250 but high dollar to go from 250 up to 300

·
Registered
142 Posts
im in your sam eboat man.......read the sig. Im gettin a morpheus pipe and 75mm Pro-M soon

·
Registered
27 Posts
::nods:: I have a 2 inch drop sittin on 18's but Im a road racer turn radious blows but the grip is out of this world. I can even go 1/4 near lock without some ::kckckckccccckckckc:: noise. lol but its all good.

Im more of a turn slider the a luancher though

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
1995CobraChris said:
LOL It does ride pretty bad...i was looking at the shocks and struts from the buillit mustang. not too bad of a price at gef racing
Heh...300 is enough for a set of Tokico premiums, which are the same as the adjustables set on 3. I run my Tokicos on 5 front/4 rear with C springs and it's ok. The Bullit shocks/struts are ok too, but the Tokicos were the first and the best major mod I've ever done in terms of everyday driving.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts