Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 GT with a pulleys,65mm TB, Cobr intake, shorty headers, 2.5" MAC catted H-pipe, a 2.5" Dynomax Ultraflo catback, and 3.55's. Will adding a CL 73mm to my current combo with 19 # injectors yield any benefits or gains?hanks.

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
I think so. It was actually one of my last mods prior to my cam and supercharger. I have no performance numbers but my sotp impression was good (can be deceiving sometimes). Put it this way, I felt it more than say my 65mm throttle body. After the tb install, the car drove the same as before. After the C&L, the car pulled harder, especially in the upper rpm range. I really think the stock 70mm maf is really restrictive with the post down the middle of it. Also, some people seem to have problems with them and others, like me, don't. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Agree, on a N/A car it will pull better in the upper rpms. But you notice it will run a little richer at idle. In power adder form, it runs somewhat too rich or inconsistent (i.e. not great). I think you'd be better off spending the extra $$ w/a pro-m plastic bullet, especially if you plan on heads or power adders. As for me, I still have my C&L on my daily driver, I'm just to cheap :rolleyes: to get a pro-m and tune (via eec tuner) to the true flow rates.

--C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts