Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am just browsing around for some guages, basically i want some stock replacements because mine are all messed up after a whiteface install, they work, but are even less accurate than before.....

i found some AutoGage guages all the ones i want in the size i want, for $47.95, anygood?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
202 Posts
Autogage should be pretty good quality considering there made by Autometer

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, autometer sucks, so autogage has got to be worse. The way I heard it is that the only difference is the frequecny of testing samples of guages....

Toma

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Toma-you've had bad experiences with Autometer? I've never heard any gripes about them.

I have had very good luck with Autometer.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
i love my autometer gauges....i have an autogauge tach and i like it. its the exact same thing as the autometer and even says autometer on it.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, their damn guages are never accurate. Especially the oil pressure ones. I had suspected this for years....but never really looked into it...

Last year Autospeed tested a whole bunch of different guages, and Autometer stuff was ALWAYs out at least 10%, somtimes as much as 30%!!! The rest of the field was in the 1-2% range. Cripes, even VDO was more accurate.

no more autometer for me, and if I do buy it, it will be Autoguage since it can't possibly be any worse then the meter...

·
Registered
12 Posts
for that price you should be able to get autometer gauges, which are a step up from the ones you are lookin at.:evil:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can get 3 of the gauges i want, ALL for $47.95 :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts