Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all bearings the same between a 302w and a 351w? I mean cam bearings, main bearings, etc? so a rebuild kit for a 302 would work for a 351w? :D

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Short answer, no.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, so where do I get the correct bearings for them? I know Summit sales rebuild kits for 302s, but I've never seen them for 351s, should I just buy each kind separtely, Clevite bearings, etc. or is there abetter choice?

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Fast, do I detect you are about to start putting your motor back together?

·
Registered
14,118 Posts
It's amazing how people HAVE to order stuff from Summit and wait for delivery when all they have to do is go down to NAPA and pick up some bearings. :confused:

Wherever you get engine bearings from, make sure ALL are the correct ones. Parts people are not the highest on the IQ list. :D

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FordFreak: It's for the 393 :lol: and yes, I'm trying to get it done :lol:

Ray, they sale good ones at parts stores? :lol: for real?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whoops :eek:

I just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum

feel free to move this post moddy to the 5.0/5.8 tech, sorry

·
Registered
14,118 Posts
I got Clevite bearings and Perfect Circle piston rings at NAPA... possibly other brands

When you go to NAPA they will assume that you want some cheap made in China garbage, but if you insist on forking over the extra cash, they have some pretty good stuff stowed away.

I notice that posts get moved here, but they never get moved to engine tech. One-way moderation?

And who told you that Jesus is coming? He's not coming back, not after McDonald's created that ricer ad. :p

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
good luck on putting it back together. And I agree you can get your bearings from a local parts store near you. And being in SC I bet there are a bunch.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what are you talking about Ray, what ad? :lol:

FordFreak: I guess that'd be right,

so Clevite bearings good, are there better ones? :D

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Fast90LXStang said:
so Clevite bearings good, are there better ones? :D
Clevite are OK, but some folks have had problems with them coming apart in highly loaded applications. I used the Federal Mogul racing bearings in my 347, they have a few improvements over the run of the mill Clevites. You can get 351W bearings from Summitt even if it isn't in the mail order catalog, just give them a call and ask for what you want. Better yet do some research and get your part numbers before you call. There are lots of Internet sources for part numbers, just use Google for your search.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool, I have heard of Federal module :joy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts