Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're working on a buddy of mine's '95 GT and I was just wondering cause I know a lot of fox cars use the 4 cyl suspensions on theirs for drag racing, but do the '94+ 6cyl sn95s work well on these? Will the pre '93 struts work on these cars? You can find those struts(lakewood, etc) pretty easy. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
4 cly spings yes..i dont know if i will swap out my existing 6cly springs for fox 4 cly springs..i have to see if and how she hooks with a tire on it

ive found over the years that a nice soft shock does wonders for hooking..i am running eibach lowering springs on my 2.3T and i have old worn out shocks in it and i love it..it hooks pretty damn well(front lifts nice) but going around corners is still sick!i am running a 4cly front swy and no rear but i am looking for a rear sway as that will not affect launch only help handling

as for shocks no there are diffrent as the fact that Lakewood has diffrent #'s for them

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you have 6cyl springsand shocks on yours? Did you notice an improvement from what you can tell? Do you think you got the most from the springs or the shocks or do you think they have to work together? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
yea but my 95 is still a 6cly :(..i am waiting on my shortblock then i will swap everything in..after that i will let you know..i know that you can run fox springs in a sn95 and i know that soft shocks helps alot and i figured that the 6cly shcoks are soft i will be leaving them in the car as with the 6cy spings..ill see how this feels and if i think i need more then i will swap in the fox springs and get some lakewood shocks

i woiuld say shocks help more using my 89 turbo car as an exaple..its worn out 4cly stuts.shcoks and eibach progressive lowerin springs..thing still squats like a champ

·
Registered
301 Posts
ive got 00v-6 springs on mine, and can only compare them to the lowering springs that were on it when I got it. They ride better thean the lowering springs (of course) but Im still not getting enough weight transfer.

Im using fox shocks/struts all the way around because they are shorter and I needed them when my car was lowered.

if you want drag struts buy the ones specifically for 94+ so they wont "top out" as quick as the shorter fox ones do..

Personally I will not change my front stock springs ever again because its such a PITA. Ill get some coil-overs eventually instead.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
onesillynotch said:
as for shocks no there are diffrent as the fact that Lakewood has diffrent #'s for them
actually, there is a difference between the fox and sn95 struts.. the sn95's have more travel to them..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts