Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are 13.4s possible??

Ok, last year my pesonal best was a 13.79 at 97.37mph with a 1.815 60ft. I'm think I can squeeze a 13.4out of her. The car is a 94 GT 5spd.
shorties
off/h-pipe
dynomax
al. driveshaft
pullies
bbk cold air
crane roller rockers
3.73s
mobil 1 and 14 degrees timing
I'm running M/T 8.5 slicks at 13psi
Lots of ice!!!

So here is my plan:
tune-up
Gut the car by removing wing, seats, spare/jack, stock sub and amps, sway bar, strut tower bar, and maybe a short belt.
The temps are supposed to be in the low 40s to high 30s.

Do you guys have any other suggestions? I wish I had skinnies and 4.10s.

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, someone said disconnect the electronic speedo sensor thing that hooks up to the transmission at the track. Anyone have any ideas on this? I seem to hit a wall at a measly 97mph. If I don't get some more speed, I don't know if I will ever et any better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is that so your car doesn't pull timing at 93 mph? Or do I not know what im talking about.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that was something I have heard about. I'm not sure if this is true or not. But my 1990 LX with less mods could do 98mph with ease. This 94 is diing after low 90s. Do you think this will work? My car should be in the 99ish range with the ET I'm pulling. Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The pulling timing thing is only on the Cobra's due to their different computers. And as for disconnectioning for the 97mph thing, I would not do it. Think about this, if it were that great, wouldn't you see everyone on here doing it? I saw one post about it and no one had solid proof. Only one guy claimed it worked on his car. I just don't see the evidence for it.

And how exactly are you planning on removing your wing???

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Could try it and see.. Just unplug the speedo wire on the drivers side rear of the trans. That will disconnect the speedo and the 97 mph timing retard.
Try it on 2 different runs and come back and tell us if it worked.:)
Thanks in advance for the info.:D

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I have only seen one person post the speedo thing too. I just trying to squeeze every last ounce out of this pig.

As far as the wing, don't know, I have to go out and look this afternoon at it. Hopefully it is not a real pita!!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Could I get 13.5's with my combo? In addition to the mods in my sig, I have removed the smog pump, EGR, that stupid 25 pound weight, and it is all tuned up (14 degrees of timing). I have factory 3.27 gears and new Kumho Ecsta 275/40/17's

If I can't get mid 13's now, would I be able to get them after I get these mods done in a week or two:
4.10 gears
aluminum driveshaft/loop
2400 RPM stall torque converter
Trans Go Shift Kit

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
CGJARVIS said:
Yeah, I have only seen one person post the speedo thing too. I just trying to squeeze every last ounce out of this pig.

As far as the wing, don't know, I have to go out and look this afternoon at it. Hopefully it is not a real pita!!
the wing is easy... 4 bolts under the trunklid.

shou;d get a tenth or so and maybe 1 or 2 mph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts