Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the AODE (or 4R70W) conversion on my Fox stang. Currently the Baumanator TCS controller looks like the way to go for me rather than the manual VB setup. As far as the trany I believe one of the 98+ newer V6 Mustang autos work decent. The stang has less than 300rwhp so the trany doesnt have to be built to the hilt. This is the stuff I think or know that will be needed:

Transmission
Transmission Harness
New Crossmember
TCS Controller or Manual VB
Torque Converter
Transmission Cable?

How would the stock V6 converter hold up behind the 5.0? The car is all motor with P heads, TF intake, and E cam. Nothing really powerful.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 94 with an aode, light mods to the motor and the tranny (w trans go shift kit ) puked. This car is hardly beat on and the price of a built aode with converter was 2700 to 3000. Not worth it IMO. I have had stock t/5 hold up under much harsher conditions. Go with a stick upgrade to a tremic, but 300 rear horse a t5 will hold up. Just my thoughts I know there are a lot of guys who like the aod trannys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just checked out Dons 95 verts site, great info on the 99 and up trannys, I had no idea !

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a AOD-E in a 92 LX it works great!! I have the Baumanator TCS unit. It is trick much better than any stock auto. I use to think my old C-6 car hit hard its no match for the AOD-E in my LX. I plan to install a AOD-E in my 67 with a 514 BB. If you want to drive up ( I live in Greenwood SC ) You can drive my car.
I know Greg and Karl at Baumann they are great Guys.

Again I will let you drive My car with the TCS unit working. You can look at how it works. That goes for anyone looking at installing a TCS Baumanator. Good Luck
Just E-mail me at [email protected]
Stanley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts