Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so as most know, my 95 has a 2001 4R70W in it with 95 electronics and tailshaft housing. I used a FMS Aluminum Driveshaft with the yoke that comes with it.

my main problem is the output shaft has a huge wobble in it and i lose fluid out the back of the trans.

i can drive the car short distances, but it vibrates badly and loses enough fluid to start slipping in about 20-30 miles.

Is there a problem using the stock yoke of a FMS Aluminum DS with a 2001 4r70w? also since my output shaft is allready screwed, do i need a full rebuild or what can i do to get it running right?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I believe the FMS driveshaft comes with a 1.50" diameter slip yoke where as the newer 4r70w have a 1.59" tailhousing bushing and seal. That would explain your fluid loss! You can google 4r70w tailshaft sizes to confirm or measures yours.
I have a stock 1.59" yoke if you need one

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the FMS driveshaft comes with a 1.50" diameter slip yoke where as the newer 4r70w have a 1.59" tailhousing bushing and seal. That would explain your fluid loss! You can google 4r70w tailshaft sizes to confirm or measures yours.
I have a stock 1.59" yoke if you need one
Thanks! I forgot to mention I used the 95 tailshaft housing if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, output shafts cannot be changed without disassembling the transmission.so i might as well just get the whole thing rebuilt and get the correct yoke?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts