Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to install my S-Trim and wish to upgrade my tranny to either a Tremac or possibly an AOD. I know that the autos weight a bit more and also rob more hp through the drivetrain. I guess I just get tired of a 5-speed in the stop and go traffic.
If I installed a built AOD with a auto/manual valve body, 2,500 rpm stall converter with the lockup, new flexplate, B&M Hammer shifter, and an aftermarket cooler would this be a good setup? I plan on making 420-450 rwhp after the S-Trim is installed. I know that I will need a TB cable is their anything else? Can I use my current EEC since the tranny has a manual valve body?
If I buy the Tremac, I'll need the bell, clutch, flywheel, new shifter so the cost is about the same between the two. Is this a good idea or am I pissing into the wind with this idea?

David

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
David's95GT said:
If I installed a built AOD with a auto/manual valve body, 2,500 rpm stall converter with the lockup, new flexplate, B&M Hammer shifter, and an aftermarket cooler would this be a good setup

That's essentially what I am getting. Although, if you are going to all of that trouble, you might as well get a C4 tranny instead of the AODE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.