Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5.8L Windsor engine with an AOD tranny out of an '89 Crown Vic that I'm working on with a few people for a school project. This may sound crazy, but we're putting the combo in a drilling rig (talk about Monster Garage!!!). What I need to know is how the AOD wires hook up. There are four wires coming out of the tranny (white w/ pink stripe, purple w/ orange, red w/ blue, and black w/ purple), and they are clipped off after about a foot of wire from the connector on the tranny. Does anyone know where these go? Do they go to the car computer, or is there a computer in the AOD and they're just power wires? If someone has a wiring diagram for this, please scan it in or something and email it to me if possible. I'm kinda hoping that there is a computer in the tranny so that we don't need to use a computer out of a car that used this combo. If we will need to use a car computer, is there a way to make the computer work with just the AOD, or does everything need to be connected, like all the sensors and such? We have already switched to a non-electrical choke carb setup. Anyone know if hooking up an AOD without the computer is possible, and if so, how?? Thanks in advance, guys.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
AOD doesn't use a computer, AODE does. the 4 wires are for the neutral safety switch and reverse lights. you may need a TV cable if you plan on the transmission doing any downshifting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts