Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to throw on the Vortech next week. The only other things I'm picking up beforehand are a 80mm Pro M and an AFM PowerPipe. Will probably leave my headers as is -- stock. Is there anything else I should consider buying because I want to get all this crap done now. And re: the Pro M and PowerPipe, is this the way to go? If so, who offers the best prices? Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Possibly a new shortblock and a used car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I thought about going down the same road you are on and turned back. Not untill I have the cash to do the bottom end right with forged internals and the right pistons will I supercharge my Cobra.

·
Administrator
1,536 Posts
Maximus67 said:
Getting ready to throw on the Vortech next week. The only other things I'm picking up beforehand are a 80mm Pro M and an AFM PowerPipe. Will probably leave my headers as is -- stock. Is there anything else I should consider buying because I want to get all this crap done now. And re: the Pro M and PowerPipe, is this the way to go? If so, who offers the best prices? Thanks.
I would recommend a 2001 Lightning MAF and 42# injectors. Also a good dyno tune is worth its weight in gold and will keep your motor MUCH safer than the stock chip with the S/C.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Re: Anything else before I supercharge my 99?

Christopher Ihara said:
I would recommend a 2001 Lightning MAF and 42# injectors. Also a good dyno tune is worth its weight in gold and will keep your motor MUCH safer than the stock chip with the S/C.
I second the above, Plus you will need a larger fuel pump. I am using the 2003 cobra pump in mine.

Razor.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Venomous Mofo said:
Possibly a new shortblock and a used car.

ROFL!!!

Get to 03 tank/pumps...and a conservative tune...should keep you from needing to get the above :)

oh yeah...the lower the revs, the longer she'll live...(usually)

·
Registered
180 Posts
'Possibly a new shortblock and a used car'

AGREED
if u dont have a second car better get one

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool ... thanks. I already have the 42 lb. injectors, and I'm having the chip sent up to the Lidio folks. Just have to look for a larger fuel pump ... I take it the one that's supplied in the kit is still too small? And, yes, I have a 2nd car :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Maximus67 said:
Cool ... thanks. I already have the 42 lb. injectors, and I'm having the chip sent up to the Lidio folks. Just have to look for a larger fuel pump ... I take it the one that's supplied in the kit is still too small? And, yes, I have a 2nd car :p
I don't know of any S/C kit that supplies an efficiant fuel pump for 99-01 cars. From what I hear the proper setup is a 2003 cobra pump with the 2003 fuel tank to match. I am running just the pump with my 01 tank and I need to gas up at a 1/4 tank. I was told that below a 1/4 tank you run the risk of not picking up fuel.

Razor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts