Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you tell me how the O2 bungs look on your headers? I have my headers on the motor which is on an engine stand and the O2 sensor bung on the passenger header looks to be at a funny angle.

On my headers, the driver side bung is at 9 o'clock. The passenger at 11 o'clock (looking from behind the collectors towards the front of the car). This looks kinda weird??

Did one of the workers at Hooker take a nap? or is not really a fitment issue?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Unfortunately I can't remember. My car's at home in the garage or I'd run outside and check for you. If I remember correctly though, it is at kind of a funny angle, but due to how the transmission tunnel is cut into the car, it's not a probem at all...in fact, it seems to help keep the wires out of the way (mine are bunched and secured to the transmission tunnel via a cable strap and a sheet metal screw). Maybe someone else can verify this for you, but if not, I'll be home this weekend and I can look at it then.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff, I just needed assurance from someone else. I thought it looked funny, but I guess it makes sense.

Dave

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Don't worry - they have it at an angle to give optimum room to install the sensor with the header already on the car. You will have plenty of room and at the correct angle.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
With the longtubes and the chip I picked up 22 peak HP, but only 8 peak TQ. However, midrange power went through the roof. I don't have any concrete numbers but power from 4000-5500 is WAY up.

The biggest reason I went with the longtubes was in preparation for either a blower or NOS...either of which will make better use of the improved breathing on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Mine are the same way. Actually I was curious why on the DS it is at 9 instead if maybe 3-4? There really was no good place to run the O2 sensor wires to keep them off the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it was weird as well. I'll wrap the wire in protective sheathing. Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hi Andy. Haven't drove the car hardly at all. I am now working @ Advance Auto Parts and have LONG hours (today was 11 until 10). Don't have time to work on the car. It is throwing a check engine light now after the longtube install. Probably because I did not hook the air tubes back up and am letting the pump blow into the engine bay. Didn't think it would trigger a light. As a matter of fact it stalled on me when making a turn the last time I drove it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Can't see how I possibly can. We are shorthanded in management so I'm very limited on any free time.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks, Andy. Someday, we will race together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts