Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i just got my cams back from crower today (yeah after two+ months on their shelf) and here's the specs on the card: avd specs: duration 243 intake 250 exhaust lift 533 intake 545 exhaust...at .50" 193 intake 200 exhaust with 110 lobe separation. I'm new to the mod crowd, but does this strike anyone else as particularly small for my combo. i have my 96 shortblock with flat tops and late model pi heads that i plan to send to powerheads 230 cfm at .500 lift on the intake. i remember someone saying the specs for a stock cam were 210 duration 510 530 lift, would they actualy grind for less duration??? if anyone is considering crower...here's my saga with them...sent my cams off, the guy said 150 per cam, and i have their stage 2 5.0 cam and i really like it, so i decided to go with them over crane since the price was the same. i wait and wait, call a couple of time and finally talked to mr. crower himself last week. i get a message from them saying the cams are finally on their way and the cod total is...394.70 and they don't come with lash caps, you have to get them from manley, so anyway i call them today and they tell me the cams have 9 more degrees of duration and 20 thou more lift, but i'm looking at the #'s and i'm stumped...what do you all think????

·
Registered
564 Posts
That's really strange, I have a set of crowers waiting to install this week. You need to speak to Dave Crower himself about this and see what's up. Your specs seem unusual too, make sure they really are what you said. You could also talk to Keith at FOMPKmotorsports about them, he uses crower cams.
FOMPKmotorsports.com
Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts