Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND HAVE NO CLUE TO THE FLOW RATE ITS A BOX STOCK RPM ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BIGDADDYLTD THATS IT 330 RWHP?

THAT SUX I WAS HOPING IT WAS BETTER THEN THAT IVE GOT HEADS AND A BLOWER IM ADDING THAT INTAKE PROB ISNT ADEQUATE HUH? SHEESH I WAS JUST GOING BY THE LATEST TESTS IN MM& FF GUESS I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TFS TRACK HEAT HUH?

·
Registered
241 Posts
it's not that bad of an intake. f#@$ i'll give up my 10 horsies just so i can get the valve covers off without removing the upper. it's worth it. spend a few hours with a die grinder and it'll flow whatever you want.lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FAST89

I DID NOTICE THE INTAKE RUNNERS ARE A TAD BIT RUFF NOT REALLY SMOOTH GUESS I COULD SMOOTH THEM A LITTLE WHAT INTAKE ARE U RUNNING?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i'm running the rpm. lower is fully ported and matched to 1250 gasket. the upper is just cleaned up and throttle opened up to 75mm. i love the fact that i can get the valve covers off.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I dont know what they flow either, but i do know that my buddy went 10.20's with a NON-RPM performer intake on a 351 with TW heads and an s-trim :)

shawn

·
USAF retired
9,191 Posts
Whatever they flow stock can be improved in a few minutes with a grinder. The ports at the parting lines between the upper and lower, and at the head are necked down just inside the opening. The opening itself matches where it mates to the other intake/head but it is necked down inside quite a bit presumably so they'd have material to CNC machine it to a certain dimension at the factory. FWIW an Edelbrock rep. told me I'd gain about 10 CFM by polishing the ports.

David

·
Registered
382 Posts
BigDaddy LTD LX said:
Blowers change alot...
Yep.. just throwing that out there ;)

btw: Got any pics of the LTD?

Shawn

·
Registered
347 Posts
BigDaddy LTD LX said:
I don't know the airflow, but this thing seems to peg out around 330rwhp N/A.
FWIW, I have a box stock Edel Perf RPM upper with a gasket matched lower and I just put down 575 corrected RWHP on pump gas with it.

Dyno sheet is here

Mods and stuff are on my home page (link is in my sig).

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yeah with a Supercharger I don't think you'll find the RPM intake to be a restriction at all. If your using large cross section heads like heavily ported TFS TW's or AFR 205's than maybe something bigger like a Holley would help. But with the intake side being pressurized with the blower I'd say the RPM will work great.

Ben In Houston pretty much proved that above.

NA - with thorough yet mild portwork of the upper and lower I've made 365rwhp/375rwtq. Darrin Hendricks (COILED) I know made over 360rwhp on his Pure Street 302ci a couple years ago using a ported RPM too. But eventually it does have its limitations simply because the casting (especially the upper) only allows so much porting and cross sectional area to be achieved.

As cast (unported) I'd say ~ 320-330rwhp will be your limit NA on a nice 302ci/306ci. With porting I'd say 350rwhp-360rwhp is possible with the right combo - NA.

So go ahead and use it. You'll like it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
With exceptional port/polishing of both upper and lower runners, I actually measured 2.76" cross sectional area of the lower runners and 2.67" cross sectional area of upper runners. This helped me to make 393 rwhp/ 407 rwtq on my N/A 331. I have also had this very intake on my previous 302 (stock short block) combo making 316 rwhp/ 330 rwtq with Edelbrock Performer heads, ported. It's not a bad intake, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts