Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hooker Aero Chambers?

i was just wondering if anybody has any opinions about the hooker aero chamber mufflers. i did a search and only found a post about them in the modular section.

do they sound anything like flowmasters? how loud are they compared to 2 or 3 chamber flows?

i'll be running hooker super comp longtubes and an x-pipe with them if i get them.

oh and another thing, do they drone? i was thinking about makin a 3 inch cat back because i've heard that that helps with the drone. and i was also told that the longtubes help get rid of it too.

any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
yeah ran them on the old 302 with flowtech lt's, matching x, dynomax flowtubes and the hookers dumped

no drone, nice and deep not like the tin can sounding flows.....not nearly as annoying while cruising

I'll be using the same setup with my 351 but with hooker supercomps in place of the flowtechs

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome. my buddie has 2 chamber flows and the drone annoys the hell out of me.

i can't wait to order the Aero Chambers!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
the cases are pretty large so if you have a FMS driveshaft make sure you get the mufflers settled out of the way :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the heads up. i don't have an FMS driveshaft yet, but i hope it'll fit when i do get one.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
it'll fit fine if you put them in the correct possition....good luck to ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts