Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aset of the tall ford racing polished valve covers. I'm using a trick flow street intake with a 1 inch spacer. Does anyone know if this will work or not.Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I tried the 3 3/4 inch ones and they DIDN't clear the backside of my Edlebrock RPM by about an 1/8 of an inch :(. With a spacer there would have been plenty of room.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It cleared my tickflow r intake

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used some cheap chromies from the local parts house and instead of banging in the covers, I just took a cut off wheel and trimmed right up to the bottom of the IAC and a portion of the t-body (stock T-body) and it cleared but was still a pretty tight fit. I have the TFS Street Heat w/out a spacer.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the tall motorsport valve covers. I run a trick flow track heat, with a 1 inch spacer. I had to cut off the egr flange, smooth out the bottom of the IAC, and also drilled out the holes in the adaptor elbow just a bit to give me more clearance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Insley95 said:
I have the tall motorsport valve covers. I run a trick flow track heat, with a 1 inch spacer. I had to cut off the egr flange, smooth out the bottom of the IAC, and also drilled out the holes in the adaptor elbow just a bit to give me more clearance.
Cool. Did you grind up to the bolt on the IAC? Thanks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes just right into the threads, just a bit!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts