Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using BMN's window switch? What are your thoughts? I installed one on my buddies car and it works intermittently. Went back to the guy where I bought it from and said he had the same problem with 2 other customers. All were wired exactly as per the included diagram.

·
Registered
403 Posts
A problem, eh? Interesting. Feel free to write me personally at [email protected]

Maybe I can help you out on here. Let me ask these questions first:

1. What YEAR/MAKE/MODEL/ENGINE/TRANSMISSION do you have?

2. What Nitrous System Manufacturer are you using?

3. Are you using a FPSS?

4. Where did you obtain your tachometer signal from?

5. What are your RPM Ranges?

6. Did you set the controller in the correct cylinder mode?

7. Was the brown wire connected to the correct side of the brake pedal switch?

We are always happy to help in any way.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is on a 1991 Mustang GT with T5 tranny.

Nitrous kit is a NX EFI stage 1.

Tach signal is right from the 6AL box.

Not sure of RPM ranges, I'll have to check with my buddy.

Yes it's in 8 cylinder mode.

And yes, brake wire is connected to the correct side.

·
Registered
403 Posts
OK.

Tach signal source is good.

Are you using a FPSS? If so, is it functioning properly?

If the controller is indeed faulty for whatever reason, we'll replace it or refund your money; absolutely no problem.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
mikey9495 said:
OK.

Tach signal source is good.

Are you using a FPSS? If so, is it functioning properly?

If the controller is indeed faulty for whatever reason, we'll replace it or refund your money; absolutely no problem.
That's good to hear. I got the feeling when I e-mailed you about my units that there was nothing you could do.

Joners is one of my customers, he installed the unit on his own with his friend. The other 2 units were installed at my shop, and all 3 are not working properly - they are spraying intermittently. My mechanic in the shop has checked and rechecked all of the wiring, and it was done 100% to your specs.

I'll box them up and get them ready, drop me a line [email protected]

·
Registered
403 Posts
Oh yea, we're not going to just let you guys hang. I just wanted to find out more info on the vehicles' setup before proceeding.
It's really a strange situation though. This is the very first problem that we've had with our controller. The only other problem we encountered was caused by a non-functional FPSS; that's why I asked joners if one was being utilized on that particular setup.

Since the three were packed together and sent over an international border, I'm wondering if they were to subjected to a high level of magnetism while being processed through the scanning equipment??? Theoretically, the microprocessors' info could have been damaged. Honestly, that's the only thing I can think of....

Feel free to write guys!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The items came by truck, so they didn't go through any sort of magnetic scanning equipment (like at an airport). The border crossing is pretty lax where it comes into Canada (just north of Grand Forks ND)

The parts just cross the border and sit in a wearhouse until they're picked up.

Either way, I appreciate your help here. We'll get it all figured out I'm sure :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts