Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is looking to add one to his 98 and I only know of one person so far and Im going to talk to him tonight to see how he likes his. He wanted to know what mods had to be done to install it and was there anything else besides the kit that had to be bought to make it work on the car ? Also what power did you get from it ? Thanx Rob

·
Registered
413 Posts
The install is fairly easy. The instructions are good. Expect 260-280 rwhp with just the base blower kit on a stock motor

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanx guys anyone else ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Cujo_64 said:
cool thanx guys anyone else ?
I pulled 298.2 rwhp 332 rwtq with Vortech "S" trim, stock 98 heads, stock 98 cams, stock 98 intake... pushing around 8 psi of boost.

After putting on 99 PI heads (ported/polished), 99 cams, 99 intake I pulled 377 rwhp / 375 rwtq with a conservative tune.

The install isn't that difficult.. I wasn't that mechanical when I did mine.. just need to take your time and read the instructions carefully a few times over and not rush. Also, tapping the oil pan can be a little intimidating but it's not really that difficult.. again, just take your time.

Hope that helps.

Tim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanx for the advice there, I will let em know ! Im debating in the headswap first now seeing some of the numbers on this board ! Headswap with regrinds and valves and long tubes I might end up with like 240-260 with a blower and everything I have know I "should" end up with at least 260 -280 Well I will see what happens with my friend then go from there, I know Shannon has a backlog so thats something Im fearing, waiting for a month or two for the heads to be done But at least they would be bad ass !

·
Registered
906 Posts
I will let em know ! Im debating in the headswap first now seeing some of the numbers on this board ! Headswap with regrinds and valves and long tubes I might end up with like 240-260 with a blower and everything I have know I "should" end up with at least 260 -280 Well I will see what happens with my friend then go from there

You or your friend :lol:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
98Roush said:

You or your friend :lol:
i think he's hiding the fact that he really doesnt want to buy my blower! but that's okay, i really dont want to sell it! it's cool whatever you decide rob...

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts