Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I saw these at Pep Boys tonight. I thought they would look nice in a set of 6 piece diamond headlights on a Fox. Especially this one! It would take the orange away during the day and light up as a regular amber would at night.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong, but you wiil not "take the orange away during the day" by simply changing your bulbs. If it were that easy people would not be spending $$$$$$ and removing their old assemblies to replace them with clear lenses.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
yes i use them. i think i may have some pics of after i installed them on my site. they made it much better (clearer) but not completely clear. im talking about the inners

take care,
adam

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I dont think eliminating the orange with the bulb is the point. I have some of those white light bulbs that looks kinda blue glass. During the day it makes my headlight housing look like it has a blue tint. These bulbs would give your headlights a crazy shine out of them, as long as you have clean lenses that arent yellowed....

I like them, but the blue tint in mine looks good with my car color...

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
the bulbs do work, youre talking abotu the headlights. hes talking about the marker/turn lights.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I am speaking of the turnsignal/marker lights. These "titanium" bulbs have an apprearance of metal that has been nickel plated. Like smoked chrome... if that is a term. When lit, the bulb emits whatever color the glass has been stained, ie. red, blue, amber, clear, etc. Thanks for the info about the "super white" headlights. I was wondering if that blue hue was visible during the day.

As you can see from the picture I posted of my car with diamond lenses, the inners and outers have a amber hue to them. This is the reflection of the bulb. If I take the bulbs out, the orange is completely removed from the inners, but the outers (side markers) still have some amber hue due to the side reflectors.

I prefer the stock look of the amber reflecters on the corners. I also prefer the use of amber light to be used for parking lights/signals. But I do not like the orange glow the lenses reflect during the day. It defeats the purpose of putting clear or non colored lenses on cars. Since the advent of non colored lenses in the late 80's, newer cars look a lot cleaner than they did with amber colored lenses.

A few years back, with my stock lenses, I dusted the bulbs with siver paint to give the lenses a "no color" efect during the day. This did cut down on light output due to the silver paint not being translucent.

Essentially, I thought these would look nice and was wondering if anyone had used them yet. I enjoy subtle changes that make the car look cleaner.

Here is an example I found of a car with these bulbs installed.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
337 Posts
:joy: Thanx meatheadmike, I learned something new today.:joy:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you find the small bulbs for the side markers? Pep Girls doesn't carry them. While on the topic of small bulbs, I'm looking for hyper-whites (or equivlent) for my interior lights. Any sources?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i didnt...wish i could find some also....i use the led ones, they look good in the day but at night they have a diferent color amber than the titans do...more yellow and dont light up as good

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw the led's and was thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks, I'll try to find the titans. How about the Hyper-Whites for the interior bulbs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts