Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has an 8 pt cage and still using the back seat (people climb into the back?)

I dont plan to use the back seat often... only if need be though.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you have a roll cage, you have given up the back seat. It just is not safe.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah, you dont want your friend(s) brains all over your padded rollcage in case there is an accident. You could keep the seat just for looks or ditch it if you want. Its all about personal preference.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I personally dont; have my cage in this car yet. My cousin has a cage in his 90 syang with his back seat still in. I figure if the people in the rear seat belt in they won't hit the cage. I'm gonn aleave my back seat in. People can just climb over the bars.

·
Retired U.S. Air Force
1,700 Posts
I have only the 6 points in and still have my back seat in. I've had people in back but never got over 35 in it. Basically just putting around base and such. It's tough to get back there and not very comforting with that bar in front of your face. I left the back seat in because I don't like the look of any of the delete kits and don't want to put heavy wood and gray carpet down. I like everything to match and haven't found carpet to match mine yet. Don't plan on having people back there.
Good luck
Dave

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
FordFreak300 said:
I personally dont; have my cage in this car yet. My cousin has a cage in his 90 syang with his back seat still in. I figure if the people in the rear seat belt in they won't hit the cage. I'm gonn aleave my back seat in. People can just climb over the bars.
Even if you are belted in, you aren't conpletely secured, bodies do weird things in an accident.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts