Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use cut-outs on their exhaust? :confused: Any known problems or improvements?
Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
They aren't the best idea I certainly wouldn't point hot exhaust fumes at my gas tank.

Bill

·
Registered
372 Posts
Depends on where you place them. If you set them up just slightly downsteam of the mainfold/header collector, they won't be anywhere near the gas tank. For our cars with true dual exhaust, I'd think the cost for 2 could be spent on REAL exhaust rather than a crutch. LS1 cars only have to buy 1...

I've never seen any dyno results on a Mod motor car with cutouts either, so it MIGHT be worth it. Who knows?

Eric

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put them where the H pipe bends backwards(under my feet basically). It's EXTREMELY LOUD. From my SOTP meter, I can tell I lost some torque, but once i'm above about 3K, it pulls a little harder. I put the caps on and I have a small leak I'm going to have to fix. I did it because my friend made them, and it will be fun to open them up every now and then. Definitely got the attention of people, and I think I almost got pulled over too.

Oh yea, I already have o/r H pipe w/flows.

·
Registered
116 Posts
LesnTea

I'm in the middle of putting on a new exhaust and just for fun I slapped a couple of turn downs on the end of my off road X-pipe. LOUD, yes...but there was a massive loss of torque. It made my 3.90 gears feel like the stock 3.27's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts