Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friends dad is a huge motor head and has the best of everything. I respect his opinion very much. So why does he swear up and down that Summit Turbo Mufflers for $17 each are the buy of the century? He has them on his Camaro, Lincoln, Explorer and for a x-mas present had them installed on my buddies Impalla SS.

Has he gone mad? Anyone else like them? I am considering installing them on an un-used catback I got for free.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Amherst said:
My best friends dad is a huge motor head and has the best of everything. I respect his opinion very much. So why does he swear up and down that Summit Turbo Mufflers for $17 each are the buy of the century? He has them on his Camaro, Lincoln, Explorer and for a x-mas present had them installed on my buddies Impalla SS.

Has he gone mad? Anyone else like them? I am considering installing them on an un-used catback I got for free.
I use them when I get tired of getting pulled over. They sound quiet at idle and cruise, but sing out a bit at full throttle. I never dyno'd with them in place, but I can't say that I felt any significant decrease in performance in comparison to my race bullets (I have to believe they have more back pressure than the race bullets, though).

Not bad for the money, in my book. And you won't draw attention from the local constabulatory officials, either.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True blue - Would you say the Summit's flow better than stock?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Amherst said:
True blue - Would you say the Summit's flow better than stock?
Sorry, but I can't really say one way or the other. I never did any flow comparisons of stock mufflers vs. Summit's, or dyno testing or 1/4-mile runs before and after.

If you look at the stock muffs, though, it's a 2-1/4" inlet/outlet vs. the 2-1/2" you can get from Summit. And Summit claims it outflows the leading competitor in their advertising (whatever the hell that's worth).

Not much help, I know, but I'd hate to steer you wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts