Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Zex kit and it says to hook up 1 vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator and the other one goes to the intake manifold. Why does it matter where I hook them up? Arent all vacuum sources the same? Cant I just hook it up to an extra vacuum port i capped off when I got rid of my smog crap? Thanks- Dan

·
Registered
3,879 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've installed 2 kits on 5.0 mustangs, and the only problem I had with the first one were the vacuum lines. This is how it's suppose to go. Take the v. hose OFF going from the regulator to the back of the manifold (usually it's red). Then run the supplied line from the regulator to the NMU, then the other supplied line from ANY open port on the back of the manifold to the NMU. Just remember to plug the port where the original line went into the back of the manifold. The idea is to have the NMU inbetween the regulator and the vacuum source. Let me know if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depends on how you look at it, but it sounds like you understand. As long as there is a vacuum source going to the vacuum port on the NMU and a vacuum line going from the fuel port on the NMU to the regulator it will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.