Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting one. Anyone have it? How hard was it to make it fit, or is it pretty much bolt up? What else do I need to run it? I already have the 3G 130A Alternator...

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
489 Posts
SPAL Fan

Dave:

It rocks! I just finally installed one on my car last weekend. Wow. Yes you do need a 3G alternator. I wired mine up on two thermo switches one on passenger side tank and one on dirvers side. First fan turns on when pass side gets to 180. Second fan turns on when drivers side gets to 180. I drive around most of time with just one on.

A buddy installed on on his BB Chevy (502ci) with major cooling probs, and it all went away, even in heavy FLA traffic in summer.

It is the best.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I saw it yesterday at the store. It looks really nice and flows really well. I downloaded the measurements compared to the 16 inch fan and I just could not make it clear on my combination. After looking at it, I see no reason why it would not be a simple bolt-on.

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Novi357 said:
I saw it yesterday at the store. It looks really nice and flows really well. I downloaded the measurements compared to the 16 inch fan and I just could not make it clear on my combination. After looking at it, I see no reason why it would not be a simple bolt-on.
Thanks for the info Leadsled...got your pm :)

Novi357...couldn't fit it with your combo? :(

That sucks because I plan on going with a ProCharged 408 when I get stateside. What's the reason for not having the clearance?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dave88LX said:
That sucks because I plan on going with a ProCharged 408 when I get stateside. What's the reason for not having the clearance?
12 rib belts are a ***** Dave! I plan on a 357 with a D-1SC, so I gotta worry too. Mark 8 fan will fit though, and they are bad mofos.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
It is a pull fan.

I might be able to make it fit, it just would be really really close.

I can't figure out where to host pictures any more, anyone know where to do it?

If I was to try something, I would probably just stick another 16 inch pusher fan on the front.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Where do you get one??
What is the average price??

Thanx,
LOBE
~~~~

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Novi357 said:
It is a pull fan.

I might be able to make it fit, it just would be really really close.

I can't figure out where to host pictures any more, anyone know where to do it?

If I was to try something, I would probably just stick another 16 inch pusher fan on the front.
Could you email me the pics? I'll put them up for us to see...

[email protected]

Thanks man.

Dave

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I'll snap some later tonight and e-mail them to you.

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool man, appreciate it. I measured, the stock radiator is about 30-31" wide by 19" tall, and the stock shroud is 4" deep (but not at the top where it sticks back a bit further).

The Spal fan is I believe 23.46W x 16.26H x 4.25Deep...should work....

Email Leadslead Convertible for pricing....or you can buy directly from them for $100 more :D

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
CFM??

Whats the CFM on these fans??
Do they have a web site??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts