Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting the Mac O/R H pipe and the MAC cat back system with the Cat Eliminator Kit. Is anyone running this setup? How loud is it? I don't want to piss off my neighbors or the cops. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had it, got rid of the H. Loud as all He!! and sounded like a$$. I had several leaks that made it sound like a redneck pickup.

go Prochamber and you will like it.

I am looking for ways to get sound clips of my car and post them at mustangexhaust.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
308 Posts
My best friend has the Mac o/r h pipe and the mac catback on his 2000 gt. I think it sounds good as hell. It is loud as hell also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mac setup

A friend of mine had the Mac setup. It was ungodly loud. But it had a deep rumbling tone and it the resonation was awesome. I prefer flowmaster but the Mac is a sound all in its own. Its really good. I recommend it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mac sounds great !!!!!

people say mac o/r h leakes but i bet so do other brands . its fixable ne ways i have mac o/r h & mac l/t headers with 2 chambered flows sounds mean ass hell. people always say damn your car sounds good ........ Mac isnt ****ty if people say it is they had bad experience and went somewhere else but if same thing happened to them with other brand they would say same thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have that set up on my car.
It's not loud while idling. When you stomp on it, it gets loud. I go through my neighborhood at slow speed in high gear. When I just stomp on it there is a "blat" sound untill the engine comes up to speed. If I ease into it I can go full throttle and get no "blat". It really sounds awesome as the engine gets up to speed. Everyone says it sounds awesome. Even friends from work who I didn't think cared. It is pretty loud at speed. Forget about a normal conversation. I have 3.73 gears so that probably makes it worse. It seems if I stay below 70 mph the noise is resonable. Above that and lookout. It's ok if I'm by myself. Installation was pretty easy. I had a leak but I just went back and tightened everthing up and now no leaks that I can tell. Someone posted information about changing the factory studs at the header flange because they have a long shank and you can't get the nuts to go down past the shank to make sure of no leaks. That is probably a good idea, but something I just thought of while writing this , you may be able to add a few washers iunder the nuts that would go around the shank to get the h-pipe down all the way.
You may also want to consider putting down some "Dynomat Xtreme"

Hope that helps

Mark

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for the comments guys! This really helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts