Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the combination of a 4V with the gearing of a 4R70W is. Also, what kind of rear-end gears do you have?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use that combo in my Lincoln.I went with 3.55s the first time around.4.10s are definately the way to go.If not 4.30s.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm in the process of planning a setup like that. I'm taking a 96-98 GT with 4R70W and putting a 4V DOHC 98 cobra motor into it. I'll also be adding a supercharger too. I should get started on it as soon as I can find a nice 96-98GT that i like for around $7K.

I wont be doing the installs or anything so I'm sure i cant be of much help.

Also I will be going with 4.10s

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have a 00 GT with he 4r70w trans. I just finished installing the 01 cobra 4v in th car and kept the auto trans. I have aproblem and the is no OD not sure if its the Chip, torque converter or OD bad. I did replace the VB wih a PA and thought it was that soI put the sock one back in and still no OD. At first the car handled great pulled awesome but now it seems like trans is gettin worse. Im running 3.73 gears only b/c I lan on Supercharging the car. In an all natural car I would have gone 4.30.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I Have 4.10's and an Auto in My 96 GT along with my Supercharged 98 Cobra Motor @15psi.

The 4.10s , auto , and DOHC work Great Together.
But with my 4000 Stall and Street Tires I Couldnt Get a Good Time, my best Was a 12.6 @ XXX mph and a horrible 60 ft.
The Pass in the Sig the Trans broke (3rd Gear Shaft?) and I coasted accross the Finish Line brakeing in second gear.
To Bad The Tranny broke b4 i could get some slicks on it.

Oh yea, Get a baumanater Controler to run your trans , without it, My Car kept shifting into OD During WOT 1/4 mile Runs and with the Baumanater you Get Consistant Shifts.

~Veech~

·
Registered
252 Posts
veech~ I'm very interested in your set up. I plan to run a 98 cobra motor with a supercharger at around 10psi through an auto. I'm still in the planning process so any help you could give me is appreciated.
15 psi on stock motor??
daily driver? mine will be, is a 4000 stall to high for a daily driver, i was thinking about a 3500. I plan to have 4.10s as well.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm going to use 4.30's, Manual Valve Body, and a PI Stallion 3500-4K stall.... I'll let you know in a few weeks how it all works out.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Dillons98GT said:
veech~ I'm very interested in your set up. I plan to run a 98 cobra motor with a supercharger at around 10psi through an auto. I'm still in the planning process so any help you could give me is appreciated.
15 psi on stock motor??
daily driver? mine will be, is a 4000 stall to high for a daily driver, i was thinking about a 3500. I plan to have 4.10s as well.
I Think My Car is Very Very Streetable with the 4000 Stall, 4.10's and 15psi. (94 octane)
Yes, the Motor is Stock TB to Oil Pan, Well Except for IMRC Deletes . (I used To Run 18psi on 94 octane and a bottle of Torco)

Once you Get a hang of Driving with the Converter you will not even notice it.
I Was thinking of going to a 5200 rpm Stal This spring, But Im Dropping the 5.4 DOHC (20psi) along with a trans Brake and longtubes , so i think im going to have enough "umph" to get me Going :D

~Veech~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts