Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna build a stroker motor for my 89 Lx im kinda leaning towards a scat 347 stroker kit. Is anyone running this stoker kit? I hear the 347 want last as long and burns oil. Either that or a 331 stroker. Im wanting this to be a street car. If I remember correctly both the scat 331 & 347 have the same bore (4.030) correct? My goal is 400+ to the wheels with a good set of heads and intake ect.....

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Use the search at the top partner, literally they are probably 1000's of threads asking the same question.

No 347 will not burn oil, it will last just as long as. 331, only difference between the two is the stroke of the crankshaft.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
820 Posts
Seriously, I think these stroker assemblies aren't any harder on the wallet than a stock stroke reciprocating assembly, so stroke that sucker, and make sure the machine work is done by a good hands along with the assembly, and your oil consuming shouldn't be any worse that a stock stroke motor.

·
US Army Retired
5,328 Posts
Do a search, I ran one for years with no issues. The oil burning and side load crap is 20 plus year old voodoo crap from sloppy builders,sloppy parts, and sloppy machining.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wells whats the power difference between a 331 and 347??

·
Old timer
6,589 Posts
347? Just put an LS1 in it and call it a day.

·
Registered
37,071 Posts
Actually, it's a 332 - so the difference is 15.

"Anyone running a 347 stroker?" There's only one -- and that guy don't post much.

I believe Ed is pointing you in the right direction.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am really screwed then! I better stack up on extra oil!

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
I've had two 347's none of them burnt oil and I've put about 60k combined on them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I remember back in the day reading about different stroker kits ( this would have been the time period in which 347 were known to have some sort of issue plaguing them ) , and if im remember correctly I thought there were 3 different kits offered a 331, 347 and I thought there was one more but it was the smallest of them all. Im just making up a number but I thought it was some thing like a 318 or maybe it was a 323ci. Does any one else remember that or am I just delusional. Ya im probably delusional. .lol

I know its a little off topic, but I was just curious if any one else remember it to.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.