Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the situation..I am putting together my new combination and am running in to problems with the vortech intake clearing valve covers. The fox valve covers seem to clear the best, the only problem with that is it doesnt clear the 1.72rr's or the elbow for the sn95. I have another set that clear the rockers but the intake doesnt clear nor does the elbow. anyone know if they make a spacer for the vortech? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Use the Holley Systemax intake spacer, as its the exact same intake runner design as the Vortech/Saleen intakes. They make a 3/8" and a 1". Summit or brothers keeps them in stock. As for suggestions, I recommend that if your using a Ford truck lower, you tap a pipe fitting into the back of the lower intake manifold and use a threaded pcv valve in it. You will have serious oil and crankcase ventilation problems without the proper pcv hookup. I had so much crankcase pressure that I had oil pushing up through my intake gaskets into my lower intake, and the vaccum created by the air tube from the oil filler neck to the air intake tube between the maf and the tb was sucking oil in and filling the upper intake with oil as well. Good luck...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, Yea i guess theres almost no way around using that spacer..I really dont mind, except that now i have to consider hood clearance, because i might actually need the 1inch spacer :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts