Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took mine off but cant decide if it looks better !!??

It looks sweet from the front and the sides but kind of bare from the back.. Anyone ?
Oh yea, whoever did remove theirs what did you do about the holes through the trunk ?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Mine is a GTS and didn't have a spoiler to begin with, but I ended up putting one (steeda) on. Once I bought my welds the car didn't look right with the spoiler, so I took it off. I plugged the four holes with some rtv and those plastic things that hold on the radiator cover. I'm thinking of putting on a Saleen S281 wing though. I think it looks meaner without it. Here is a pic.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/6040/dsc00004.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks good without a wing, I'm pulling mine off so see if I like it come spring. On an all black car it looks really good, saw one with Welds and loved it!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blwn331, yours looks real good without one. But with that bumper and all you got i think yours would look good also with a saleen wing.

BLK95GT, My cobra is black also. I will try to get some pics and you guys can tell me what you think..

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Thanks. There was one in a MM&FF not long ago that was black and it looked sick. I'm going to try and find the issue and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
963 Posts
dont do it unless your cars black,lowered and has some wide tires out back, like mine : )

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Black - nope Green
Lowered - yeah - little, more to come
Wide tires out back - you betchya :)

Shawn

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
94BLOWNCOBRA said:
Looks good, what did you do about the holes ?
For now - I just put small pieces of black electrical tape over the holes. You can barely see 'em. I only covered 'em to keep the trunk dry.

I plan on doing a S281 wing down the road so I don't want to permanently close up the holes in the lid. The christmas-tree fasteners would probably suffice but I wanted something I could easily remove too.

Shawn

·
Registered
963 Posts
wow, nice car. ill take some pics tomorrow of mine. i got rid of the holes in my trunk by trading a v6 mustang owner's trunk for mine with the spoiler. when i get a new hood/wind/side skirts ill just drill away!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
BlueOvalStangGT said:
wow, nice car. ill take some pics tomorrow of mine. i got rid of the holes in my trunk by trading a v6 mustang owner's trunk for mine with the spoiler. when i get a new hood/wind/side skirts ill just drill away!
I took mine off a while ago and thought about swapping trunks. The only problem with that is the trunk lock is riveted in and I didnt feel like messing with that. Ill end up filling the hols in when I paint the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts