Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a custom cam. Can anyone give the names of some reputable companys. quality and price are important. Also some cam suggestions for the setup I have below(with AFR 165 heads) That will give strong performance between 2500-6000. :D thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got a fti Ed Curtis custom cam. Have not run it yet but if you do a search on Ed Curtis or fti you should find some setups. They seem to be having good luck with them. I believe they are in the neighborhood or $325. Don't quote me on that though.

You may check out this car, he is on here but I can't remember his name. I saw one of his threads and saved his page.

http://www.waynewestlake.com/trent/kyle.htm

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Cam Motion. 225-926-6110.

I don't have mine up and running yet but the owners of the 2 fastest N/A Mustangs (a 10 second 347 and a 9 second 357) I've been around both used and recommended Cam Motion.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
www.flowtechinduction.com

Call Ed

He can get you fixed up with a cam
He has a really good handle on the AFR 165 right now and has a bunch of customers that are going high 11's with stock short blocks. the price is $325 but well worth it.
Email him with the info on your car. only the improtant stuff
He is only in the shop at nights. calling is not as effecticve untill he has an email from you with your info.

Good Luck
Tim

·
Registered
559 Posts
Another vote for Ed Curtis. His work is second to none.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Ed Curtis!!! Not only do his cams make power, they make power with perfect driveability like in my case. He is the man!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
isky, lunati, and comp all do fine work

comp has some really great ramps also

·
Registered
311 Posts
Brian at HiTech motorsports really knows his stuff, and does custom cams. He won't be as busy as Ed either. He's got a resume a mile long. Fi cars, carbed, LS1s, Windsors, open track cars, drag cars. www.hitechmotorsport.com

·
Registered
640 Posts
Another vote for Brian at Hitech. I finally got to fire my motor this week and it's everything he said it'd be. My car feels like it's on the 150 shot I had but holds the power longer. Ed and Buddy also have very good credentials. IMO you can't go wrong with any of those 3.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the best custom cam!!!!

the best custom grind cam in my opinion is Isky!!!!! Iskyndyerian cams are the best cams and have the best overall hp and torque bands i have ever seen!!! look them up! you wont be disappointed!!!!!:evil:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ed Curtis
http://www.flowtechinduction.com/

92 GT,14lb Pro Charger 600B with D-1 Brackets and 3 core intercooler,Vortech SFMU,
AFR 165 Heads Ported from Ed Curtis,Holley Systemax Upper/Lower Intake,42Lb Injectors, 1.72 Steeda Shaft mount Roller Rockers,BBK 70 MM T-Body,255 Walbro inline and Walbro 255 intank,Pro-M 75 blow through Mass air
Ed Curtis Custom Cam,BBK 1 5/8 ceramic coated shortie headers,2.5 inch Dynomax cat back with Mac Off road H-Pipe,Edelbrock High flow water pump,160 T-Stat.AVCO Alum .Rad, Crane HI6R with retard and PS2coil,
Centerforce dual friction clutch, South side lower control arms ,South side torque box elimination kit,Southside frame connectors,373 Gears,Hurst Shifter,lots of gauges

·
Registered
766 Posts
Another Ed Curtis vote!

My vote lies with Ed too, my car rips and driveability is great.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
buddy rawls. real fast
ed curtis. kinda slow
brian @ hitech. no idea

those are the guys that help out here with advice, so those are who i recommend. support the fellow corralers!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I will try the 3 most metioned tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts