Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of doing it so someone can know that I spent winter doing the brakes on my ride. Just looking for pros and cons. Does it hold in heat? Does it stick? The auto parts store sells caliper paint..........think red would look nice, don't you.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My brother did that on his Honda back in the Spring of '02. I saw the car at the beginning of October and the calipers were still red but a little dull. Heck, for no more than what it cost it's not a bad deal, you'll just have to repaint periodically until you can afford the powder-coated ones.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
i went and got some engine block paint, it withstands heat fine. it does fade though, so be prepared to repaint it like once a year

·
Registered
452 Posts
I thought a friend of mine was crazy for using exterior body paint on the calipers. He repainted his Mark VII below the belt moldings. He used the left over paint to do the front and rear calipers. Amazingly enough, it held up fine for the 2-3 years he owned the car.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
PlastiKote from PepBoys works great. All my calipers are satin black and look real nice. This stuff holds up real well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts