Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a new 2v intake but i havent found any intake for the tumble port 4 v applications. Anyone??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't seen any true aftermarket intakes either for the 4V, but I know Paul's High Performance in Mich. will port/polish 96 - 98 intakes with some pretty good gains (5.0 Mag., August 2001, had an artical on it). You might give them a call and see if they have started working with the 99+ yet...517-764-7661.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
yeah, the FR500 intake is available, but it also comes with fuel injectors and a new PCM. It'slike 2800 bucks for the package....No thanks.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
What kind of gains are Paul's intake providing for the 96-98 cobras? Of course another maf and headers would really kick in here. Price?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Price is $1200 with exchange of your intake, but includes custom chip tuning and IMRC-eliminator plates. The factory center divider is removd from the intake opening so you can make use of a single blade TB.

The car they tested on had some mods: chip, BBK TB, IMRC eliminator plates, short tube headers and after cat...

With the addition of the Stage II intake from Paul's, peak went from 290 rwhp at 5900 RPM and 288 rwtq at 4000 RPM to 313 rwhp at 6300 RMP and 294 rwtq at 4600 RPM. Although peak to peak was good, the best gains were seen in the upper revs (past 6000 RPM) where they saw as much as 42 rwhp and 30 rwtq increase.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
01SilverCobra,

That's pretty good numbers on your car that I see in your signature. What are your dragstrip et's? Ever go to Steele, Alabama for racing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually, just got the car in Nov. and the tracks were already closed here. Can't wait until they open in March. If I can get any traction with radials, I'm hoping for low 13's.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hamilton and Clark makes one for the pre 99's. I do not know if htey made a newer version yet. Migth check with them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
More Power

Rick at More Power in Michigan made Mike @ modularperfirmance intake. It looks like a Cobra "R" but with the t/b pointed out at the radiator. It's strickly for racing as the runner are short.

Also, you can buy the FRPP manifold without the other parts too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts