Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody....
to start off with, I am in the process of buying my first mustang. I was all about to go buy a 2002 GT 5Spd True blue coupe, when I started hearing talk about the new Mach1.... well 12.9 stock is pretty hard to sneeze at, and I like the way they look...
but anyways I went to my Ford Dealer.. Kip Killman's in Tysons Virginia and went for a lil test drive again.. took out a mineral grey one this time.. very nice.. but anyways, I was talking to my sales guy Ron, about the Mach1.
Well he wasn't too terribly up to date on it.. frankly I knew a lot more about it than he did, but anyways I was saying how I don't want to buy a car now and a few months later, have the Mach1 come out which I could have for a few grand more. (23k is what i'm getting on the True Blue one.. it's premium with the Mach 1000) but anyways he went and talked to the GM, I saw them talking.. couldn't hear what was being said though, but Ron came back and told me that the GM said two years...
Now frankly I know car realeses get pushed back and there are delays.. but two years? come on now... from what I understand the car is ready to go into production pretty much.

Anyways that's my story.. so my question is... when is it suppose to be realeased? I'd love to buy one.. but if it's going to take two years.... which I doubt.. or even one for that matter... i'll just buy my GT.

I heard talk of a fall realease.. at around the price of the bullet.... but hey.. what do I know... hopefully you guy'll know more..
thanks a million
~Nathan

·
Registered
53 Posts
MM&FF says that production begins in January. Pricing is to be about $26,830. In 2004, the Boss....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mach I order guide released!

Just to let you guys know you can already order the Mach I. I believe the first official day was Monday the 13th of May. The price is:
Base: $28,370
Interior Upgrade:$295
Dest and Delivery: $625

Total: $29,290

This is not the official price, just what is on my order form.

Got mine for $500 under MSRP when it arrives.

They are saying Sept-Nov before they will be at dealers, maybe later if problems come up. Good luck better order one soon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,
well that seems a bit more expensive than I would have liked.. 29grand.. but not unreasonable I suppose.
but ah.. why would you agree to a price if you're not sure that it's the actual price.. I saw 26,830 quoted somewhere.
Not that I think that's all reliable but if you agreed to pay 29 grand and change for a car.. what happens if it's 28k....
unless you agreed to pay 500 under MSRP, regardless of what the MSRP is...

Did the dealer say where they got those prices? or is that just their best guess?
And where did you hear sep availibilty? January seems to be the talk of the town..

oh well, guess I need to start placing a lot more phone calls..
oh well..
thanks!
~Nate

·
Registered
12 Posts
The prices that I quoted were straight off my order form. My salesman said they were subject to change so, I got in writing MSRP-$500! As far as the $26,830 that is the "here-say" Invoice price but unless you own a dealer, the chance of you getting that price is very slim. The Mach I is clearly limited so dealers have the option to turn down your A/X-plan pin#.

I have heard from numerous people that Sept-Nov. time frame is closer to the delivery date not Jan.. At least I hope not Jan. that would suck, at least I would have time to save up for more mods. Take a look at www.blueovalnews.com for a little more info. wish I could help more. Just trying to share what I have learned and hopefully find out more good/bad news about the Mach I.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts