Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This girl i know keeps yapping about her friend destroying mustang gt's...and it's a N/A civic si. I'm just baffled at how a 1.8L DOHC inline 4 can "destroy" (like 4 carlengths) let alone even beat a 4.6GT (the 96-98 ones).

Anyways, i'm gonna give it a go next weekend, and of course once again when i get my headswap done. :evil:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You can make them run hard, if you don't mind spending countless MEGABUCKS on motor work. Civcs that can do that are few and FAR between. Some kids in civics will call N2O, N/A. Just think of driving a civic as a hadicap. All you need to do is work 987697696 times as hard as we do to make the same numbers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Si's are 1.6L 160 HP. There are a couple N/A Si Civics here that are in the 13s.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, civic si's come with 1.6's....but this guy had a 1.8. Still, i dynoed at 197 rwhp and unless that thing is super light, i don't think he's gonna destroy me. But i'm also gonna try and bring my friend with his 99 T/A....i know he will beat the civic! thats money in the bank.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If the Civic does actually have a 1.8L then I would be even more cautious because he's spent some serious bank on the engine.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
Good Luck

Well either way. Let us know the results. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
when you said CIVIC SI is it the new coupe, or the old hatch back?
if its the hatch, and he has the gsr engine (1.8) its 172 horsepower. u gonna get whupped like she said. those cars weigh nothing. if its the coupe then itll be a more even playing field. anything could happen.
good luck. there are some fast imports out there, theyre just few and far between.
your gonna lose either way though. u win, thats what everybody expected, u lose .... :eek: ..... u gonna have to hear crap forever

·
Registered
313 Posts
At a 14.8 you will get beat if it is modded as much as she claims.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hate to say it but you would lose bad. You might be able to get him with your head swap though! I wouldn't race him until I got the head swap. Trust me you don't want to lose to a n/a civic. It really blows. I lost to some guy at the strip who had a civic with a motor swap and he was running one of those frankenstein motors with the 2.2L block and the 1.6L head and he ran a 13.4. He said he was making around 200 fwhp. Good Luck

·
Registered
214 Posts
"Anyone know of naturally aspirated Civic Si's that can run down GT's??"

There are lots of them out there that can run down stock/near stock GTs.

Drop an Integra motor in it, or the 2.2l from a Prelude, and it will have no problems beating a 14.8 second car.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Dude, just do your best to cut him at the tree. I have been getting past the traps first against a lot of serious cars...some LS1's...some DSM's, because I'm cutting .520-.540 reaction times. Their ET's might be better, but a lot can't make up the distance gained by chopping the tree on his @ss!

do us proud man!

·
Registered
482 Posts
There is a local guy here with a Civic hatch that has(had) a 1.8 in it. His nickname on the local boards is 0psi <---kinda cool. He went mid-11s on the motor at like 116mph! :eek: I know it's not an SI like you asked, but just beware of some of those little ricers. I'd hate to come across some of them around here, even WITH my bottle open and warmed up! LOL

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have something the SI doesn't have...Torque. And after that head swap you should have no problem beating him.

·
Registered
891 Posts
You'll take him ... I hate imports with the passion ... like everyone else is saying 4-bangers need serious mods to be quick. This car stock goes what? 16's or 17's 1/4 LOL .... even with the coffee can exhaust, intake, headers, pullies, inginition system, 50 shot of NOS .. im sure you can take that POS. Get some gears man if you have not gotten them yet .. and jump on that thing like nothing off the line. :evil:

2002 Mustang GT
*Stock for now*
will be transferring the following mods from below :evil:

Car before:
2000 Mustang GT
125hp N/X NOS
Diablo Chip
MAC Longtube headers
Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe w/ MILS
Borla Cat Back
4.10s w/ SpeedCal
Eibach Sportlines
Backseat Delete
HPM Lower Control Arms
HPM Upper Control Arms
Steeda Tri-Ax Short shifter
SFC
Pro-M MAS
BBK CAI
Nitto 555R DR 275/40/17

Best 1/4: [email protected]
Best 60': 1.69

·
Registered
474 Posts
SaleenX2 said:
"Anyone know of naturally aspirated Civic Si's that can run down GT's??"

There are lots of them out there that can run down stock/near stock GTs.

Drop an Integra motor in it, or the 2.2l from a Prelude, and it will have no problems beating a 14.8 second car.
Thats what My Friend did...Dropped in Motor from a Prelude...I still beat him but Damn That Fart can was Moving.
BTW I run 13.7's at 101 on the Stock Gatorbacks .

·
Registered
556 Posts
I raced a Civic SI (a newer one) and it was funny. I blew him into the weeds.

THAT BEING SAID, a motor swap could make the Civic a contender. If it really has the Integra 1.8L in there, then a 96-98 GT could have a problem against it.

All those guys running 11s, 12s, even 13s in their Civics probably have no interior and are completely gutted. I've seen VERY FEW Civics run better than 14.0 without a completely gutted interior.

To me, that doesn't count.

Jeff

·
Registered
214 Posts
nomore4bangers said:
All those guys running 11s, 12s, even 13s in their Civics probably have no interior and are completely gutted. I've seen VERY FEW Civics run better than 14.0 without a completely gutted interior.

To me, that doesn't count.

Jeff

FWIW my friends car club has quite a few Honda driving members that are running faster than 14.0.

The non-turbo ones are in the 13s, and the ones with turbos are in the 11s and 12s WITH FULL INTERIOR.

Most of them have gone the "GSR motor" route for more performance. From the guys who I have talked to that have done the swap, it is really easy, and not that expensive (especially when they sell their entire old motor to make up the difference).

·
Registered
891 Posts
LOL ... I am still waiting for that day when a lil honda beats me ... to this day I still have not ran into one that could .. the fastest one I ran into was a S2000 with a NOVI 1000 blower at the street races, yeah it was quick but when I sprayed on him he was that quick anymore muAhahHahah :evil: It was soo funny because he looked so confident that he was going to win .. I dont have any gauges on my car, no purge valve, no bodykit, stock GT rims, TOTAL SLEEPER, ... I guess I took him by surprise and he was embrassed because I didn't see him the rest of the night ...

But back to the subject .. Honda can be quick with forged internals and p/p heads, but a stock VTEC spraying or with lots of pressure it will blow. I have a friend that had a Civic HB with a GSR VTEC engine swap, exhaust, header, 75hp NOS, no back seat, no A/C, and some other crap .. best 1/4 was [email protected] His engine only last about 4 sprays ... he finally woke up and got a 2001 Cobra with a ATI P1SC 3/core SC. :evil: He now goes 12s all day long hehee .....

·
Registered
568 Posts
If he has a 1.8, you will most likely lose, not by much but you might lose. There are some quick honda's here in the Tampa area. One of my friends has a turbo civic coupe going low 12's @ 115-116, full interior, stereo etc etc etc. There are a couple of more in the mid 12's n/a and one guy in the 11's n/a. There was even a red turbo/nitrous CRX running around doing 10.8's @ 130 + :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.