Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 notch and I have a Holley 4150 HP 750 carb and I have a problem that I can't figure out. When I shut the engine off, you can see that the fuel level in the rear bowl is about half way in the middle of the sight glass. After it sits a while, the rear bowl is empty. I have replaced the metering block and bowl gaskets. The fuel is leaking down into the cylinders and flooding the car while it is off. What would cause this? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Ok I had this happen to me take the carb apart and rebuild it with a good kit and clean all parts very well also check the the oil in the pan as the gas will get into the pan it happened to me and I had about a gallon of gas in the pan if you have a second power valve in the rear replace it as it is most likely bad .

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
needle and seat could be dirty also causing some bypass

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
needle and seat could be dirty also causing some bypass
No he is losing fuel not overflowing if the needle has dirt on it my not open all the way or not shut off allowing the fuel to overflow flooding the motor when running the motor or pump but he is losing fuel after he shuts the car off so with that being said his problem has nothing to do with the needle and seat .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts