Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I have one-gettigte tie rod ends in far enough was a pain-they got REAL tight-Flaming River was no help. Otherwise it was OK. It's very hard to steer at times and keep in mind-I have skinnies up front. I would't attempt to try to park it with stock tires up front...

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
you would be suprised how much eiseir it is to turn a painr of 225's than sknnies..rember the skinnies have way more PSI on the road than a more spread out 225..anything bigger than a 225 and your fighting against turning the rubber..think about it

btw this was in my 87 with a 83 manuel rack witch is even harder to turn than the flaming river rack

·
Registered
255 Posts
HairyCanary said:
How do you like it?

I'm giving some thought to getting the full kit, which includes the rack and solid steering shaft.

Dave
If it was a daily driven street car or a car you take to autocross with I wouldn't reccomend it. I guess the only advantage would be for drag racing cause you shave a couple pounds.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep hearing conflicting opinions on how hard it is to turn. I would think that a properly designed manual rack wouldn't be that bad. This is a daily driver, and my primary goal is to introduce some feedback into the steering. The power system along with the rag joint makes for zero feel. If I can turn the wheel with one hand while stopped, that'll be good enough for me. I could just get a new shaft, but that's half the price of the entire rack...

Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
Our cars are nose heavy, thus the heavy steering. You can replace the rag joint with a replacement solid universal fitting and still keep the stock steeing shaft for a fraction of the price. Go onto corner-carvers.com and do a search as i have seen it posted there. GL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts