Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have fronts only and I love them. People don't usually check out brakes, but I get people staring at mine. I have red cobra calipers and it looks straight pimp. As far as performance goes, I don't open track but on the street they are good. I would say slightly better braking than stock. Don't forget that they are 10lbs. lighter per pair and that is unsprung weight that you are removing. I think all four rotors are equivalent to removing 80lbs from the vehicle.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Shoup1cobra said:
I have fronts only and I love them. People don't usually check out brakes, but I get people staring at mine. I have red cobra calipers and it looks straight pimp. As far as performance goes, I don't open track but on the street they are good. I would say slightly better braking than stock. Don't forget that they are 10lbs. lighter per pair and that is unsprung weight that you are removing. I think all four rotors are equivalent to removing 80lbs from the vehicle.
Yea man, im lookin at them but how do you turn them? Im almost positive you cant turn drilled rotors. Even if you dont have to turn them, what happens when your pads wear out? Just seat new pads on the used rotors? For $1000 for all 4 they better last a little while;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lifetime warranty against warping. Just put pads on them until the rotors are under the min. machine to thickness. After that you can either buy new rotors or buy the outer rotor only and re-use the aluminum hat / center hub.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Shoup1cobra said:
Lifetime warranty against warping. Just put pads on them until the rotors are under the min. machine to thickness. After that you can either buy new rotors or buy the outer rotor only and re-use the aluminum hat / center hub.
hmm thats pretty cool. Ive got the slotted BBK rotors right now, but they didnt stay good looking for very long. They definatley look better than the stock rotors even worn out, but the Bear rotors look sick and hopefully look good for a while too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
These Baer brakes sound pretty good, though I was also thinking about the Saleen brakes. Think they are worth the cash? The Saleen brake pads run like $350. I wonder if u can buy them from a local parts store, probably NOT.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hmm....

Didn't think about the need to turn the rotors at some point. I just bought a set and they weren't cheap...but they do look good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Forget Saleens brakes. Overpriced for sure. I would either get the eradispeed/ cobra caliper set-up from Baer or I would get the Alcon set-up from Roush. That system is a little pricey, but the performance is huge. It has 14"fronts and 13" rears. Four piston front calipers are in the kit and the replacement pads are only (gasp!) around $199.00. The alcon system normally goes for $2500.00, but Roush has them for $1995.00 w/ free shipping. Either system would give you awesome performance, I guess it just depends on what size wheel you are going to run. If you have 17's get the eradispeeds. If you are going 18" or larger, go with the Alcons, they will help to fill up the large wheels!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts