Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here run a oil cooler on your stang? If so, got any pictures that you'd care to share?

Have any technical information on what the temps were before the cooler and after?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have installed one as part of a package. A remote, dual filter manifold, an electric engine oil preluber pump and the cooler, a 24 row, aluminum, stacked plate type with a thermostatic bypass valve.

I can only tell you that the engie runs cooler as a whole. I am not yet ready to split for the temp gauges.

Mounted the cooler to the radiator drivers side of the middle and about even top to bottom. Used through radiator platic mounts (such as Part #7220 by Everco). The dual filter manifold is inside the front left fender mounted to the frame with self tapping screws. Plenty of room up there.

Hoses were not difficult to run. Later converted to AeroQuip socketless hose and fittings. This gave me a higher temp rating on the hose and the 45 & 90 degree fittings made things much neater and far fewer leaks.

I did initial installation shortly after delivery last June in the DC area. The car now has over 13k on it and going strong.

I got this stuff at www.racerpartswholesale.com
an outfit in Indianapolis. Good guys to work with.
The preluber is not at the above. If you are interested in the try www.preluber.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts