Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the old school Steeda quadrant, but the adjustable cable bit the dust.

I replaced the cable with an OEM ford one, and got the Steeda firewall adjuster.

Pedal feel is much better, but I cannot turn the firewall adjuster by hand, I had to use a wrench to tighten it. Is this normal? Sort of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
MIne turns by hand, easily. TOO easily. Like many others, I've had to put a little RTV on the threads so it won't walk adjustments. I don't know why yours would be so tight.

·
Registered
133 Posts
When you pulled the rubber isolator off the clutch cable did you trip the 4 little teeth off that are on the plastic part of the cable that slips into the firewall adjuster? I know I had to cut them off to get it to slip into the adjuster. Mabey you need to trim them a bit better?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I definately removed the 4 white teeth when I removed the rubber isolator.

Fortunately the adjuster does its job, but it pisses me off that I had to futz around with a friggin pipe wrench to adjust it.

The thing turned fine before I put it in, it's almost like something's binding, but I can't imagine what.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts