Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 96 GT that's stock, except for a magnaflow catback, and I was thinking about getting the magnaflow x-pipe w/cats, and I have a few questions. Did you see a noticable performance gain? How does it sound wiht the catback you have? How hard was the installation? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This may not help much, but...

My Magnaflow catted x-pipe provided my '01 GT with more hp and torque throughout the rpm range. More so at the top - 8 rwhp / 14.4 rwtq, avg 4 rwhp / 5 rwtq gain between 2000 and 3500 rpm then it takes off (information from dyno - if you couldn't tell). The sound is pretty nice. I'm running the stock cat-back right now, but I'm ordering a set of Magnaflows in the next couple of days. Sorry I don't have any sound clips or pics.

Almost forgot - installation took about an hour and wasn't all that bad - fit as well as the stock h-pipe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Were you able to feel any difference while driving with the x-pipe. Send me a PM when you get your catback on and let me know how it sounds. Thanks for the help. Anyone else?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh yeah, @ about 4000 rpm big difference! I'll let you know when the catback is installed.

·
Registered
749 Posts
how much do they go for on average?

·
Registered
556 Posts
The x-pipe provides a nice gain!

Jeff

·
Registered
868 Posts
I love mine, great sound. Bought it from a local Magnaflow dealer, $420 w/tax.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Magnaflow stuff is real good . I just ordered a catted version of the X from Houston Performance @ $389 .... tt Steve .... I ordered the O/R X version last week and it just didn't sound right with my Bassani catback .... For sale for anyone interested .... Should get my catted version this week ..... No question the X opens the Cobra up after 3500 RPMs .. Almost scary .....

·
Registered
192 Posts
i've been interested in the magnaflow x as well, but last time i talked to magnaflow, they said they didn't have one for the 96-98 stangs. they were supposed to be designing one as we spoke, but i haven't heard anything from them lately. i hope it's soon, because i've heard they have much better quality than bassani.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah the last time I spoke with them I got the same answer on the 96-98 stangs. I'm giving them one more month and then it's hello Bassani.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
I have the x w/ cats and the cat back and wouldn't change. I am very happy with the quality and fit of the exhaust. If you would like to see more pics click the link on the bottom of my sig.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed a complete Magnaflow X w/cats and a magnaflow catback on my 99, and I can feel it in the seat of pants. I brake the wheels loose a lot harder on the 1-2 shift. I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of the system, very adjustable.

The car has a very europian sound to it, kind of like an old ferrari 308. I will post a sound/video clip tonight.

Go to www.fulllineexhaust.com for your system. I payed 303.46 for the catback and 379.95 for the catted X.:)

·
Registered
523 Posts
CTCOBRAGUY said:
Yeah the last time I spoke with them I got the same answer on the 96-98 stangs. I'm giving them one more month and then it's hello Bassani.
alot of guys around here that have had bassani catted pipes had problems with the cats goin bad fast. my friend has 1 on his 01 cobra with flows and it sounds awesome but i talked to him yesterday and he said he was hearin noises comin from the pipe. (less than 2 months old):rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Whoosh-

Yeah I've heard some bad things as well about Bassani. I really don't know what to do. I want the magnaflow but they don't make it for my car. Dam them :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts