Ford Mustang Forums banner

Anyone have specs on AFM N-41 cam?

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  93-ex-chp 
#1 ·
Looking for specs on N-41 cam from Anderson Ford motorsport..

#3 ·
I would like to know the specs also as I just bought a N-41 from someone but dont have the specs and Rick at Anderson won't even come off of the basic lift and duration#'s pretty sorry of him if you ask me.

#4 ·
all I have is these:

N-41 222/230 .512/.512 112
N-61 228/236 .544/.568 110
N-71 232/240 .576/.576 110
N-91 240/248 .576/.576 110

hope this helps. I am thinking of going with the N-61 for next winters tear down.

Cheers
Paul

#6 ·
Thanks for the specs.Now if ol Rick Anderson could just come clean when someone calls him long distance for specs for one of his top secret cams.Thanks again

#7 ·
93 ex chp, how's the idle and lowend(under 3k)? Any idea how much vacuum you are producing at idle?

#8 ·
tached93gt said:
93 ex chp, how's the idle and lowend(under 3k)? Any idea how much vacuum you are producing at idle?
I can pull (and not 'buck') so long as I'm above about 1500 rpms, anything below that (read, trying to drive down my street with the neighbors pulling there kids away!) and I'm in trouble.

Now if you had asked me a little while ago I would have said 13-14" of idle at 850 rpms idle (measured on autometer tach).

Now, however, I may have a slight vacuum leak but it seems closer to 10-12" of idle? And my idle can tend to swing a fair amount some times.

I don't get a check engine light though--- typically a sign of a vacuum leak triggering codes 41/91 (too lean) which causes your injectors to dump fuel... yaddaa yadaaa, so my vacuum leak (if I have one) can't be that bad.

Anyways, I *think* on a car with a stable idle and 'successful' adaptation to the new cam should idle 13-14", sorry that's the best I can say, cause my idle is a little screwy right now. :evil:

edit: motor really comes alive above 3500 to 6000, in fact I ran through 3rd yesterday at the track and bounced off my 6200 pill prior to the shift. Felt great!

(and it freeeeaked out the stock tach as for some reason it was like off the chart, way over 7k, it just sat there pegged like I broke it!:joy: ) came back to normal when I turned it off/on. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.