Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone has a pic of a spec stage 2 and a stage 3 clutch...i ordered a stage 3 but now after driving the car im thinken i got a stage 2...

just seems like i can slip the clutch when taken off from a dead stop way to easily...seems way to easy to drive..

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my clutch disc wasnt round...

in this pic..in the middle is a dark colored clutch disc..mine looked similar to that

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[email protected]

so far from what iv seen and heard it IS a stage 3 but it just seems odd that it dosnt make any noise and i can slip it so easy

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
The Stage 3 can have either 4 or 6 pucks. I've had two Stage 2 clutches: my T5 clutch was round with 10 areas cut from the friction surface and my TKO clutch is round with 20 smaller segments cut from the friction material.

I ran a carbon 6 puck stage 3 on my last motor. The clutch would slip a little, but nothing compared to the stage 2. When the clutch would slip I could smell it; not the "burnt" clutch smell, but yet very distinctive. After 5,000 miles with up to 18 psi from a Vortech SC Trim, Spec inspected the clutch and said it was in perfect shape. I resold the clutch and purchased a Stage 2 which has so far held up to 15 psi from a SQ Trim.

As for noise, my setup didn't make a single sound.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Dang man, you sound disappointed that you got what you paid for. If it's not making noise and you can't get it to slip than what's the problem? Enjoy that! BTW hee is a pic of a stage II

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jeremy...thats what mine looked like...so i guess it is a stage 3....huh...hope i didnt wreck it or something

1 - 9 of 9 Posts