Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Calvert uses Rancho offroad shocks made by Monroe. At least that was the case several years back. Guys seem to like them for drag racing but Strange seems to be more popular. If you use Calvert shocks; make sure that you buy a set with the proper body length, extended length and compressed length.

Reactions: SS BRP

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Calvert uses Rancho offroad shocks made by Monroe. At least that was the case several years back. Guys seem to like them for drag racing but Strange seems to be more popular. If you use Calvert shocks; make sure that you buy a set with the proper body length, extended length and compressed length.
All I needed to hear was “Monroe” to get me as far away from them as possible. I’ll try and confirm what youve told me first, but I appreciate the heads up.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Reactions: SS BRP

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Leaves me wondering why drag racers use offroad shocks then. Unless Calvert tunes them in some way to be more straight line friendly?
I've used them on Jeeps and the adjustments are very noticeable. I can definitely see how they would work on a drag car as single adjustables.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I used them for a few years since I have their caltrac bars, split mono leafs and 90/10's but I switch to Viking double adjustable for more knobs to turn... still figuring them out but the 60' is the same with the Calverts and the Vikings. I will say the Vikings get much stiffer than the Calverts did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts